Aren't they just adorable?
Recipe (10-12 Bears):
50g Almond Flour/Meal
25g Granulated Sugar
65g Icing Sugar/Powdered/Confectioners Sugar
1 Egg White
1 Packet of Twinings Earl Grey Tea
Choice of Food Dye
(I used one drop of blue and two drops of green)
1.Sift the Almond Flour & Confectioners Sugar, and Earl Grey Tea together.
2. In a different bowl separate the egg whites from the yolk. Drop the egg white into a medium bowl and mix on high with electric beaters for 20 seconds.
3. After it turns into a foamy bubble sort of consistency slowly add in the granulated sugar.
4. Continue to beat for about 3-4 minutes, or until glossy and has hard, stiff peaks.
5. Fold in the dry ingredients ( almond flour mixture ) carefully. Make sure you don't over mix, or under mix.
6. Prepare a piping bag and twist the nozzle to stop the mixture from leaking.
7. Pour in mixture and pipe onto parchment paper ( can't be wax paper or itll stick ) into small circles and wait 5 minutes to pipe in smaller circles for ears.
8. After piping, bang the tray a few times to pop air bubbles. * you can also pop the air bubbles with a pin to make sure you have smooth macarons shells*
9. Let sit for 20 minutes, and pre-heat oven.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes ( depending on bear shells)
I think one of the biggest problems I had was being afraid of over mixing. I actually ended up under mixing the first few times I make macarons. If you pipe the mixture and it doesn't ooze into a flat shape, then you under mixed, and it'll crack/wont rise, and all that bad stuff.
The inside of these were filled with
Matcha Green Tea White Chocolate Butter Cream.
POSTED BY Unknown ON Friday, March 14, 2014 @ 6:17 PM